At London Speech Therapy we currently have three team members who have undergone extensive training in the delivery of Secret Agent Society (SAS).
The Secret Agent Society (SAS) Program uses exciting games and activities to improve the social skills and emotional understanding of 8 to 12 year olds with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs), including Asperger Syndrome.
This flexible program helps professionals improve children's emotional understanding and social skills by teaching them:
- How to recognise simple and complex emotions in themselves and others.
- How to express feelings in appropriate ways.
- How to cope with feelings of anger and anxiety.
- How to start, continue and end conversations and play activities with others.
- How to tell the difference between friendly joking and mean teasing.
- How to manage bullying.
- How to cope with making mistakes.
- How to handle new situations and ask for help when needed.
- How to make friends.
In 2016 we will be running two Secret Agency Society 9 week groups in both our London and Cardiff branches. To apply for a place email firstname.lastname@example.org.