Contact us today on 020 3475 2189
SPEECH THERAPY FOR ADULTS
ADULT SPEECH & LANGUAGE THERAPY DEPARTMENT
There are many reasons that as an adult you may experience Speech and Language difficulties. Our London Speech Therapist works in a variety of areas in order to help an adult struggling with either their communication difficulties.
Do you identify with any of the following:
- Difficulty with pronouncing certain words following a stroke, a traumatic brain injury or any other medical condition?
- Do you feel that your facial muscles are weak, causing your speech to sound slurry or slushy?
- Are you experiencing any difficulty with stammering or speaking at such a quick pace that you feel that no one understands you?
- Do you suffer from severe stress, anxiety or trauma causing you to lose your voice?
- Have you suffered a stroke and now are experiencing difficulty speaking and/or understanding language?
- Have you been diagnosed with any of the following Motor Neurone Disease, Dementia, Head & Neck Cancer or Right Hemisphere damage?
If you identify with any of the above list or you have any other Speech, Language, Swallowing and Communication concerns then you we recommend you start with a Speech and Language Assessment.
London Speech Therapy provides a flexible approach to Speech and Language Assessments by using a mix of formal (standardised and norm-referenced) and informal assessments to gain an accurate picture of your communication needs, and this is then used to plan effective, accessible speech and language therapy for adults.
Speech and language assessments can take place at our Harley Street clinic (Central London), our Stratford Clinic (East London) our clinic space at Parkside Hospital, Wimbledon (South-West London) or at your home.
Why ask London Speech Therapy to help with your Speech and Language Assessment?
All our Speech and Language Therapists are fully qualified Speech and Language Therapists with Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) registration and membership of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT).
Our therapists are experienced in working with a range of communication impairments including:
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- English as a second language
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Dysfluency (Stammering)
A multidisciplinary team may be required in order to devise the best therapy plan for you. If your needs are complex and more professionals are required, London Speech Therapy liaises both with NHS and private hospital in order to make sure that a thorough and complete assessment is completed, and that you get the right support for you.
What happens after your Speech and Language Assessment?
After your Speech and Language Assessment, if required, an individual course of therapy can be planned. Our specialist Speech & Language Therapists ensure that each and every Speech & Language Therapy Session is functional and effective by using a range of therapy resources and approaches.